Free Onboarding Checklist
for New Managers
If you’ve read our guide about how to perfect your employee onboarding process and how best to onboard a new manager, here you can find our manager onboarding checklist. The most important thing to remember is that onboarding is an ongoing process. Plan well beyond the first week and month, as well as before the new employee first arrives.
Use our manager onboarding checklist to organise your onboarding tasks and processes. Each company and managerial role is different, so feel free to add points to the checklist and adapt it to fit your company and employees.
Manager Onboarding Checklist: Before the Manager Arrives
- Contact the new manager to confirm details of the first day
- Email the team to let them know when the new manager is arriving
- Collect contracts and all appropriate paperwork prepared by HR
- Tidy the office and make sure all equipment is provided and working (computers, phones, etc.)
- Prepare a welcome gift
- Create any email or software accounts or provide step-by-step information about how they can create accounts upon arrival
- Create a first-week itinerary for the employee
- If your firm has a mentoring programme, plan who the mentor will be and schedule the first meeting
Manager Onboarding Checklist: The First Week
- Welcome tour of the office and facilities
- Celebrate their arrival
- Meet the team and other various departments that the employee will interact with
- Go through contracts and legislation
- Outline the company culture, mission, vision and values
- Set goals and responsibilities
- On-the-job training for software or any specific tasks
Manager Onboarding Checklist: Three to Six Months
- Schedule weekly or monthly meetings and feedback sessions
- Arrange necessary internal or external training and personal development with HR consultancy
- Review onboarding process
If you need any more help to plan your manager onboarding checklist, contact Davis Associates. As HR consultancy specialists, we can provide unique recruitment methods and help for your new leaders.
Download your FREE onboarding checklist
Develop your soft-skills and self-awareness with feedback from an expert Business Psychologist.
Get in touch with us now for a free, no-obligation consultation.
Client Case Studies
We Can Help You
Whatever the size of your organisation Davis Associates can help you select, develop, coach, and train the best people.
What our clients say
Thank you for giving me the feedback in such a helpful way that now I feel more inspired and motivated than ever to make a change which was long overdue!
Clinical Research PhysicianSynexus
Thank you very much for taking the time to go through the feedback in detail. You have managed to pick up most of my main strengths but also the areas I know I need to work on. Such feedback can be life changing and I know in my case it will be.
Clinical Research PhysicianSynexus
“There are times when through words a person gains true clarity. Today really seems like the tipping point in my life. Thank you so much for sharing your insights, I really believe that through action this could be the turning point of my career!“
Section HeadOoredoo Telecoms, Oman
I found the session incredibly useful and it certainly proved thought provoking. I believe it was actually an epiphany for me! I fully intend to implement the areas discussed which will require modification of my behaviours and am committed to developing my skillset and becoming a more rounded leader.
Regional Business ManagerFerring Pharmaceuticals