“It takes humility to seek feedback. It takes wisdom to understand it, analyse it and appropriately act on it.” (Covey, 1994)
Historically performance appraisals have simply consisted of a verbal feedback process between employees and their manager. However, as organisations change and adapt to meet new demands, employees are often interacting with a much wider range of stakeholders. As such performance appraisals benefit from gathering feedback from a full range of sources. This range not only includes the individual’s direct manager but can also include senior management, their customers, peers, subordinates and indeed themselves. So where an individual development process might concentrate on how an individual perceives themselves, a 360° process focuses on how they are perceived by others as well. It therefore provides valuable insight into an individual’s perceived skills, competencies, working relationships and overall job performance.
We offer full flexibility when it comes to developing a 360° feedback process for your organisation. We can tailor our 360° online questionnaire to incorporate your organisation’s own competencies and capabilities or use our own in-house universal competency guide.
A professionally managed 360° feedback process can have some huge benefits for both the individual taking part and your organisation.
For the individual
- It provides an opportunity to find out the opinions of the people they work with and compare them with their own opinion.
- It means feedback is more likely to be accepted as it is coming from a variety of sources.
- It can improve the dialogue between appraise, manager and colleagues.
- It encourages increased self awareness and a focus on personal development.
- It may lead to increased job satisfaction and feeling valued by the organisation.
- It can improve team working, by raising awareness of how others perceive individuals as a contributor to the group.
For the organisation
- It reinforces the link between the competencies, behaviours and values required for a job and performance. It supports a performance culture.
- It provides in-depth data (qualitative and quantitative feedback), such as comparative data on a departmental basis.
- It provides employees with a better understand of their strengths and weaknesses and a sound basis for development planning and performance improvement.
- It involves people with different perspectives, in different roles and at different levels.
- It provides a fair and transparent process that will encourage an open culture that values feedback.
- It helps identify top performers and those with high potential.
Call our team of business pyschologists to find out more on +44 (0)20 8398 6644
Get the full picture with our 360° appraisal and feedback services.
Multi-rater appraisals provide valuable insight into your employee’s strengths and development needs. Contact our Business Psychologists now for a free, no-obligation consultation.
Client Case Studies
We Can Help You
Whatever the size of your organisation Davis Associates can help you select, develop, coach, and train the best people.
What our clients say
“Thank you for giving me the feedback in such a helpful way that now I feel more inspired and motivated than ever to make a change which was long overdue!“
Clinical Research PhysicianSynexus
I found the session incredibly useful and it certainly proved thought provoking. I believe it was actually an epiphany for me! I fully intend to implement the areas discussed which will require modification of my behaviours and am committed to developing my skillset and becoming a more rounded leader.
Regional Business ManagerFerring Pharmaceuticals