Assessment Centres are useful when a number of candidates need to be compared to one another.
They can be used for external recruitment or internally, either to fill a vacancy or identify people with potential.
When used for external recruitment, an Assessment Centre has the following benefits:
- Ensures efficient use of time: all the applicants are brought together allowing the last stage of the selection process to be completed in a day or so.
- Allows the skills and attributes of each candidate to be compared against all the others and to be more accurately assessed across a range of tasks.
- Allows the active involvement of Line Managers in crucial selection decisions.
- Provides the opportunity for Managers acting as assessors to develop their skills of assessing behaviour through observation.
When used internally, an Assessment Centre offers the following additional benefits:
- It is a demonstrable example of how the organisation is investing in its employees and in their future.
- It is an opportunity for the organisation to identify the potential of their employees far more successfully than through an interview alone.
- It highlights key areas of strength and skill shortages within the organisation, and thus the opportunity to address any deficiencies.
- It readily enables succession planning.
Find the right people for the job, without the hassle with our assessment centres. Call our HR consultants for more information on+44 (0)20 8398 6644
Assessment centres help your business choose the perfect candidates.
Not sure which candidates to hire? We can help design and deliver best practice assessment centres custom-made for your role and business. Contact us now for your free, no-obligation consultation with one of our experts.
We Can Help You
Whatever the size of your organisation Davis Associates can help you select, develop, coach, and train the best people.
What our clients say
“We have found that information provided to us by Davis Associates proves invaluable at final interview stage and has meant we are alert to areas of concern. Using this process has prevented expensive recruitment errors.“
“I thoroughly appreciated the professionalism applied by Davis Associates when assisting me with recruitment assessment. Often we were working to tight timescales and despite this they always delivered thoughtful and meaningful feedback.“
Marketing ManagerVeterinary Healthcare