Unsure of what direction to take your career?
Want to explore differing career options bearing in mind both your short and longer-term goals? Are you at a cross roads in your life and want assurances you’re in the right role or even industry? Could your energies be better placed or would some simple changes make you more effective at your current job? Perhaps you’re unsure of how to maximise your potential and demonstrate this both internally and to prospective new employers?
At Davis Associates we can lend more than just a comforting ear. Our trained business psychologists have helped individuals (from senior directors to new graduates) successfully manage their career transitions for the past 35 years.
Initially we can help you:
- Identify personal abilities and interests.
- Link life and work goals.
- Determine what motivates and drives you to perform at work.
- Build your confidence and increase your levels of self-awareness.
- Maximise your potential and think positively about the future.
- Develop a clear direction, aligned to your values and linked to specific goals.
- Assess alternative paths both inside and outside you organisation.
We’ll help you develop an action plan for moving forward, agreeing specific goals be explored and/or achieved before the next sessions. Our objective is to be as adaptable as possible to your own needs and preferences without losing sight of your overarching goal.
The precise nature of any follow-up sessions will be determined from these first meetings and tailored around your specific needs. Depending on your situation these sessions might include some (or all) of the following areas:
- How to use networks look for “hidden” job opportunities. This will include looking at both formal and informal networking and how to manage it effectively in order to maximise future employment opportunities.
- The importance of a covering letter and dealing with application forms.
- We’ll help motivate you through your job search and provide CV advice based on your job applications.
- How & why hiring companies use psychometric and personality assessment during the selection process.
- Interview techniques. This will enable you to be aware of differing interview techniques e.g. behavioural, competency-based interviews as well as biographical and panel interviews. What an interviewer is looking for and how to prepare for an interview. This can include practice interviews followed by a de-brief.
- Presentation skills necessary within the assessment process.
Get onto your ideal career path with career coaching from our business psychologists. Call us today for more information on +44 (0)20 8398 6644
At a crossroads in your career and want to progress?
From new graduates to seasoned professionals, our career coaching can help you discover the right path. Contact us now for your free, no-obligation consultation.
We Can Help You
Whatever the size of your organisation Davis Associates can help you select, develop, coach, and train the best people.
What our clients say
“Nick’s mentoring and advice have been instrumental in helping me achieve a career transition into a major financial institution. The mock numerical tests he provided were very good practice for the assessment centre, and his insights, tips and knowledge were essential in preparing for the competency interviews. I would highly recommend Nick’s expertise to anyone trying to get support and guidance in their application process.“
Senior AnalystMagali Dorange